Sunday, June 14, 2009

Peace and Quiet in Kanab?



We love to travel to Kanab! It's always fun to see cousins and Grandma and Grandpa are amazing. They host us so well making us feel welcomed and loved. We were able to visit Southern Utah last weekend and have a mini-vacation )I'm into those since I never feel like I want to be away from work for long--lame--I know).

During our last trip we had a blast! My oldest brother invited us to enjoy playing at a ranch in Stout Canyon north of Glendale. The cabin/ranch is outfitted with a great, rustic lodge, exhilarating zip line, ponds, swings and more. We had a really fun time around the campfire (nothing quite like getting smoked while burning hot dogs and marshmallows :) ). So many funny stories were told and jokes traded.

The thing that stuck with most from our recent trip was just the fun that the kids were having together. They never stopped playing. Every night we were there they practically fell into bed (way too late) and then did it all again the next day.

Kanab is one of my favorite nice quiet spots. It may not always be quiet with the kids running around and having a great time, but being able to slow down the pace of life and reflect makes it feel like a quiet spot.

1 comment:

Ashley Jackson said...

I love the blog McKay, it looks great! I will definitely be checking in from time to time. It was fun to see you guys last weekend and I'm so glad you guys came up to the ranch, even if it took awhile to get there:) I will also be trying your oatmeal cookies, they are my very favorite cookie. I hope mine turn out as good as yours.